Job title: Senior Business Development Manager – Strategic Alliance
Location: The Netherlands
Pre-IPO and growing fast with one of the world’s leading software development platforms for enterprise applications.
The Senior Business Development Manager (SBDM) is responsible for cross collaboration between our client and one of the top consulting firms. Fulfilling this role means the SBDM will be managing the relationship, strategy development and execution and all go-to-market functions.
He/she should be able to convince the technical as well as the business side of the DMU (mostly C-level) and is able to translate how the technology platform could enable the partner’s go to market service offerings.
The SBDM is able to develop the alliance by adequate business planning, demand generation and development of a relationship network of key players and decision makers on different levels within the partner.
He/she demonstrates thought leadership and account direction based on a deep understanding of business drivers. He/she manages and influences the virtual team to successfully address the needs of all parties involved. He/she shows leadership and direction to the cross functional virtual team and an ability to unify the virtual team around common goals.
The ideal candidate has significant experience operating at the senior executive levels and has a solid understanding of one of the top consulting firms’ business model. The ideal candidate has extensive sales/business development experience, a collaborative management style and mindset and is capable of working in a networked organization with a strong culture of virtual working teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in a large, multi-national software organization with an emphasis on sales and/or business development with alliances
- Multiple years of software sales experience within an innovative environment in the enterprise market
- Excellent instincts and proven ability to interface at a senior and C-level with ease
- Adept at moving quickly between low-level execution and high-level strategic thinking and organization
- Strong acumen for detailing the business benefits of the sometimes quite technical solutions within the portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Passionate about technology
- Knowledge of web development, business modeling, database concepts and project management is preferred – knowledge of Agile Development
- Methodologies are a plus
- Exhibits strong strategic thinking, initiative and leadership skills
- Self-starter and a strong closer with multi-tasking ability
- High energy
- Able to travel